- Nov 28, 2016 FCC warns of utility call scam
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has alerted consumers to be on the lookout for callers pretending to be utility company…
- Aug 03, 2016 Beware the 'National Consumer Protection Agency'
Consumer Action is warning consumers about a new twist on the government imposter and sweepstakes scam.
Scam artists are calling…
- Sep 09, 2010 FDIC calling? Not!
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is warning of fraudulent phone calls from scam artists or bill collectors who falsely…
- Jul 29, 2009 IRS will check homebuyer credit eligibility
Today, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced its first successful prosecution related to fraud involving the first-time homebuyer credit and…
- Jan 15, 2009 Fed warns of phishing 'trojan virus' scheme
Don't click on an email that claims to be from the Federal Reserve Bank. It contains a link with malicious…
- Oct 21, 2008 Operation Clean Sweep targets 'credit repair'
On Oct. 23, the Federal Trade Commission, in cooperation with 25 state agencies in 23 states, will hold a press…
- Oct 10, 2008 Current economy is a 'Phisherman's Special'
According to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) the upheaval in the financial marketplace may spur scam artists to phish for…
- Oct 03, 2008 Grandparents: It's NOT your grandkids calling!
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is warning senior citizens to be aware of an emerging telephone scam that is preying…
- May 19, 2008 Regulator offers tips to avoid foreclosure scams
Foreclosures are increasing nationwide, and so are scams that promise to “rescue” homeowners from foreclosure. What these scams do is…
- Dec 27, 2007 New Year, new consumer scams
Aleksandra Todorova, SmartMoney.com reporter, writes about common scams, noting that the financial woes and natural disasters of 2007 have armed…
- Sep 14, 2007 Mortgage foreclosure scams on the rise
Across the U.S., homeowners facing mortgage foreclosure are being scammed by foreclosure “rescue” companies promising to save their house but…
- Aug 29, 2007 Job hunters: Don't post phone numbers online
Posting your resume on sites such as Monster.com or CareerBuilder.com might result in some annoying phone calls—and these calls may…
- Aug 29, 2007 Beware of bogus senior census survey
Look carefully at any mail you get from the Census of Senior Citizens. It’s not the U.S. Census Bureau! The…
Support Consumer Action
Consumer Help Desk
- Help Desk
- Submit Your Complaints
- Presente su queja
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to Consumer Resources
- Consumer Service Guide (CSG)
- Class Action Database
- Consumer Booknotes
- [email protected]
- California Action Center
- Position & Issues
- Legislative Positions
- Coalition Efforts
- On Our Radar